Followers

11/18/13

Green Drinks / Bebidas Verdes



Green drinks are very popular nowadays and in addition to being very good for our health, they taste great!

I'm not very good at describing the health benefits of these drinks but I can tell you that since I started preparing and consuming a green smoothie every day, I feel less tired and less hungry during the day. I usually prepare mine in the morning to take to work. I drink a small glass for breakfast and a bigger glass for lunch. This fills me up and I'm not hungry until is time for dinner. But I snack on a piece of fruit  and drink water in between meals. One can't forget to drink lots of water during the day.

I get very excited about my smoothies. When I open my jar of green smoothie, and after I take the first drink, you could hear me said "yum, this is so good!". Some of my coworkers cannot understand how I can get so excited with an ugly looking drink and when I tell them what's in it, well... this is just mind-boggling to them.  So, let me tell you how I made today's green drinks.

Green Smoothie

2 large kale leaves, washed and stems removed
2 large Swiss chard leaves, washed and stems removed
1 small unpeeled cucumber, washed 
1/2 unpeeled apple, core and seeds removed (make sure to remove all the seeds, they are toxic!)
1/2 riped persimmon
1/4 inch piece of fresh ginger root, peeled
1 heaping tablespoon wheat germ
3/4 cup water

Tear the leaves in small pieces and add them to the blender jar. Cut the fruit in small pieces and add it to the blender together with the ginger and wheat germ. Add the water and process in the liquefying setting to obtain a smooth drink. Done!




I don't use sweeteners because I don't like mine very sweet, the fruit is enough sweet for me. But if you prefer yours sweet, add more fruit or some honey (do not add sugar). Also, add or delete water to get the consistency you like. I place mine in jars and take them to work in a cooler. But if you are going to drink it right away, you can add ice to the blender, it taste great when very cold!

These drinks are very versatile. You can prepare them with many different vegetables or fruits according to your taste. I usually use what I have in my fridge. Here are some options:

1. Romaine lettuce, spinach, parsley, celery, apple, carrots and flax seed.

2. Swiss chard, nopalitos (cactus), spinach, celery papaya, cucumber and wheat germs.

3. Spinach, beets, celery, blueberries, apple and raw almonds (5-6 seeds).

The possibilities are endless, you just have to use your imagination. Just remember to use at least  1/2 of raw vegetables with your fruit.







Bebidas Verdes



Las bebidas verdes son muy populares hoy en día y, además de ser muy buenas para nuestra salud, saben muy ricas!

No soy muy buena para describir los beneficios para la salud de estas bebidas, pero les puedo decir que desde que empecé a preparar y consumir un licuado verde todos los días, me siento menos cansada y con menos hambre durante el día. Usualmente preparo mi licuado en la mañana para llevar al trabajo. Me tomo un vaso pequeño para el desayuno y un vaso grande para el almuerzo. Esto me llena y no siento hambre hasta que es hora de cenar. Pero me como una frutas y bebo agua entre comidas. Uno no se puede olvidar te tomar mucha agua durante el día .

Me siento muy entusiasmada con mis batidos . Cuando abro mi frasco de licuado verde, y después de toma el primer trago, me pueden oír decir, "mmm, ¡que rico esta esto! ". Algunos de mis compañeros de trabajo no pueden entender cómo es que puede estar tan emocionada con una bebida verde y cuando yo les diga lo que tiene, bueno... esto si que los intriga. Bueno, déjenme decirles cómo prepare mi bebidas verdes esta mañana.



Bebida Verde

2 hojas grandes de la col rizada, lavadas y tallos removidos
2 hojas grandes de acelgas, lavadas y tallos removidos
1 pepino pequeño sin pelar y lavado
1/2 manzana sin pelar, sin semillas (aseguren de remover todas las semillas, son tóxicas!)
1/2 caqui (persimmon) maduro
1/4 de pulgada de raíz de jengibre fresco, pelado
1 cucharada copetona de germen de trigo
3/4 taza de agua

Cortar las hojas en trozos pequeños y agregarlas a la licuadora. Cortar la fruta en pequeños trozos y agregarla a la licuadora junto con el jengibre y germen de trigo. Añadir el agua y procesar en el ajuste de licuefacción hasta obtener una bebida suave. ¡Ya está!



No uso endulzantes porque no me gusta muy dulce,  la fruta lo deja suficientemente dulce para mi. Pero si se prefiere más dulce, añadir más fruta o un poco de miel (no añadir azúcar). También, agregar o disminuir el agua para obtener la consistencia al gusto. Yo pongo mi licuado en frascos y los llevo al trabajo en una hielera. Pero si los van a tomar luego luego, pueden agregar hielo a la licuadora, sabe muy rico bien helado!

Esta bebida es muy versátil.  Se puede preparar con muchas verduras o diferentes frutas de acuerdo a sus gustos. Yo suelo usar lo que tengo en el refrigerador. Aquí están algunas opciones:

1. Lechuga romana, espinaca, perejil, apio, manzana, zanahoria y semillas de lino (linaza).

2. Acelga, nopalitos, espinaca, apio, papaya, pepino y germen de trigo.

3. Espinaca, remolacha, apio, arándanos, manzana y almendras crudas (5-6 semillas).

Las posibilidades son infinitas, sólo tienen que usar su imaginación. Solo recuerden de utilizar por lo menos 1/2 parte de verduras crudas con su fruta.

9 comments:

J C said...

Why do you use 1/2 vegetables with fruit? Is it because fruit has too much sugar? I make them all the time but just use spinach or kale, different fruits, and yogurt. Tastes yummy but not always green Guess I need to get a green drink book. I'm going to try your recipes too. Linked here from Gloria. Nice to meet you. :)

Prieta said...

Hi Judie. I recommend using more vegetables because fruit, although natural, has lots of sugar that will turn into carbohydrates. Also because I don't like mine too sweet. You don't need to get a book unless you want to, there are lots of recipes for green drinks on the internet!
Thanks for stopping by, take care.

¿Gusta Usted? said...

Prieta! Qué rico! Yo tengo un licuado verde en mi blog. Lleva nopal, apio, piña y jugo de naranja y opcionalmente puedes poner avena o linaza,

Para variar, guayaba, manzana... pepino. Como dices es muy versátil

Besos
http://www.gustausted.com/2010/05/receta-de-licuado-de-nopal-con-pina.html

GlorV1 said...

Hi amiga. Good to see you post. I'll wish you a Happy Thanksgiving now in case I don't see you. Enjoy the day. Yes I do make green drinks with Spirolina and wheat grass, wheat germ and toss in a can of Atkins which has a lot of vitamins. I also toss in other things thanks for the reminder as I haven't been doing my green drinks for a while. Wheat grass by the way is considered the complete food for your daily needs and spirolina can keep forever and is considered a food that one can use should there be a crisis. Bye amiga.

Prieta said...

Nora, yo probé el nopal en mi jugo verde después de ver tu receta - me gusto mucho!

Gloria, happy thanksgiving to you too! Wow, there are many way stop make a green smothie, I'll be trying yours, too!

Good to see you both here. Have very happy holidays!

Carmen said...

Se ve re buena esta combinación.
Me gustó para el desayuno.
Me la llevo.
Besos

Mijú said...

Me encantan los batidos verdes.
Un saludito

Prieta said...

Miju,
Gracias por la visita. Prueba este batido, te va a gustar.
Saludos!

Green drink said...

When I started my green drink, It tasted horrible to me at first. Then, someone told me that when your body is highly acidic it's not going to taste good until your body becomes more alkaline. Well, it happened to be the case for me and It started to taste a little better.